Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Calendar Man



The Calendar man



Behold the calendar man!
Here is a man who can tell you the day of your birthday and the date of your birthday if you only tell him the date, month and year.According to him he could tell from 1940 to 2090.Taiwo Abiodun met this mysterious man
Who can tell off hand what day was 7-12-40 ?Who tell us the date of Thursday of February 1983 was?
For Yinka Salami, he could tell you off hand without looking at the calendar or getting it wrong .Just mention the date of your birth and he would tell you without looking at the calendar or thinking for two minutes.
When asked what January 22, 2008 falls to , he looked askance , counted his fingers and repeated it twice or thrice and then replied Tuesday. Again when asked what October 30, 2007 falls into he answered Tuesday. For April 16,2006, he responded that it was Sunday.
‘’June 18, 2004 was Friday, March 26 2003 fell on Wednesday. Monday was August 19,2002, April 10,1995 was Monday and June 5,1998 fell on Monday, the man responded to all questions without making any mistake. Just mention the day , the month and the year of your birthday he would provide the answer in a jiffy, no wonder in all circles he is called The Calendar Man
A tailor by profession , but since he has been known as t he man that reads calendar off hand , he is then referred to as The Calendar man.
He is six feet tall, dark complexioned. At the age of 36 he is still single .According to him he is still a virgin as he claimed he has never had sex with any woman in his life .
He lives alone as nobody lives with him .He neither smoke nor drink alcohol.
Asked when he started the magic of learning it by heart , he looked at this reporter shook his head as he stopped sewing the trouser on the machine and said ‘’ I spent 20 years studying the calendar. I started in 1982 to the year 2002 and I became skilled in it .What I used to do is bring out a calendar and study it then I would close it and ask myself of a date , later I would check whether it is correct. I remember that I asked myself what July10 was that day and that year and surprisingly I got the answer.
But does he not make any mistake at all ?He replied ‘No’, except when I was still grooming myself and learning the rope .I used to close my eyes and asked myself ‘what did February 19, 1962 fall into and I would think, and say Monday, then I would go and cross check, behold I would get it .Now I can t ell all the days and dates
One day a man brought his cloth here for me to sew and we started discussing, when he told me his date of birth and I told him the date , he went to crosscheck and found out that it was correct he again brought three people who told me the days of their birth and I told them the dates they couldn’t believe their eyes and they gave me money’’
The Calendar man said he only attended primary school as he did not go to any secondary school not to talk of higher institution. He said’’ I went to Moslem Primary school Ijebu Ode in Ogun state and I obtained my primary school leaving certificate, from there I went to learn how to sew clothing materials .
The man who is an introvert ,speaks little and softly.He is an introvert, he hardly mix with people , and he hardly have friends .One of the neighbours told The Nation ,While some think he could be a cult member , the man politely said he has no business with those things and said ‘’I was once a devout Moslem and was going to the mosque regularly until I found Christ and started going to Church .I am a good Christian and I attend New Church Cathedral. I am neither an astrologer nor a spiritualist. I am a tailor by profession and that is all I do for a living . I pray a lot and it is God that gave me the knowledge, I studied it and became a master in it , it is easy and I need to do my best .It is a practical thing and I believe others can do the same, he said.
When will he get married? He smiled and said I have no money yet but when the time comes I will get the right lady and marry but marriage is not the issue now. That is Yinka Salami ,no, but The Calendar Man for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment